Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

20101222:
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eagle_eye_cherry/save_tonight_ver2_tab.htm

The song is simply: Am F C G.

What takes a little getting used to is the moments to sing. The key is to start certain sentences before the start of the next strum, not the start of the previous strum. It is perhaps easiest to get accustomed to this by starting with the chorus.

Chorus lyrics are easy:
Save tonight. Fight the break of dawn.
Come tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be gone.
Repeat twice.

Come and close the curtains, we have enough light, all we need is candle light.
Let's drink wine.
I'm going away. So let's drink the wine and delay our misery.
Third verse: Fire, desire
Fourth verse: Ain't easy to say goodbye.

20110302:
I've gotten used to playing the rhythm and singing if I look at the lyrics. Now its a matter of memorizing this simple progression and memorizing the lyrics. I suppose the difficulty for me is that most songs I think about, I want to go from Am to C. The C to G seems clear. So then it seems that I should just remember to stick in the F. Either that or just practice the song once a day and it'll probably stick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

Nolwenn Leroy - Song of the Sea (Lullaby)

Everclear - Wonderful