Michelle Branch - Goodbye To You [C1]

20091219:
To play the song simply, every chord gets two strums. C D G G for the verse.
Played This: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/michelle_branch/goodbye_to_you_ver2_crd.htm

20110318,20110319:
Singing the song gets the chords into the right places. Then it's just playing what feels right. You can throw in extra strums on some of the chords. Look at a couple of tabs, listen to the song, then don't look back and go with the flow.

Chords:
C=x32033 or x32030
D=x54050
D'=x54055
G=320033
F#m=244222
Em=022000 or 022033
Asus4=x02230 or x02233
G/D=xx0787
G/D'=xx0788

I=C,D,D',G,C,G
II=C,D,D',G,F#,Em
III=Am,C
IV=G,D,Em,C
V=G/D,G/D',G/D,G/D',G
V'=G/D,G/D',G/D,G/D'

Approximate timing:
[1_2_3&4&][1_2_3&4&]
[C_C_D_D'][G_G_C_G_]
[C_C_D_D'][G_G_GFEm]
[Asus4...][C.......]
[Alternate between G/D and G/D' as appropriate][G]

Song Breakdown:
INTRO1: I
VERSE1: I I II III
VERSE2: I I II III
C
CHORUS: IV IV IV III
INTRO2: I
VERSE3: I I II III
C
CHORUS: IV IV IV III
BRIDGE: V V V'
CHORUS: IV IV IV III
OUTRO: V
G

Lyrics:
Of all the things I believed in.
I just want to get it over with.
Tears form behind my eyes but I do not cry.
Counting the days that pass me by.

I’ve been searching deep down in my soul.
Words that I’m hearing are starting to get old.
Feels like I’m starting all over again.
The last three years are just pretend.

And I said

CHORUS:
Good bye to you
Good-bye to everything that I knew.
You were the one I loved.
The one thing that I tried to hold on to.

I used to get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can’t live a day without you
closing my eyes,you chase my thoughts away
to a place where I’m blinded by the light

But it's not right

CHORUS

BRIDGE:
And it hurts to want
everything and nothing at the same time.
I want what’s yours and I want what’s mine.
I want you but I’m not giving in this time.

CHORUS

OUTRO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

Nolwenn Leroy - Song of the Sea (Lullaby)

Everclear - Wonderful