Oasis - Wonderwall [C2]

20091230:
The main verse progression I've been able to get for a long time now. But I never remember the chorus and the end of the verse. Nor do I get the very end right, because in the past I think I tried to hard to follow the tab. It's better to listen, and just play whatever sounds right. On a forum, there were the following two useful comments:
"Em7 = DDD
G = UDUDD
Dsus4 = UDUDD
A7sus4 = UDUDD"
"You can afford to be a little scruffy with Wonderwall - not too much mind you."

Easier than next:
1s&s2s&s3s&s4sas5s&s6s&s7s&s8s&s
E _ E _ G _ G _ D _ D _ A _ A _
Easy:
1s&s2s&s3s&s4sas5s&s6s&s7s&s8s&s
E E E E G G G G D D D D A A A A
Translation of "Em7 = DDD; G = UDUDD; Dsus4 = UDUDD; A7sus4 = UDUDD":
1s&s2s&s3s&s4s&s5s&s6s&s7s&s8s&s
E E E - -GGGG G -DDDD D -AAAA A
First part from tab below:
1s&s2s&s3s&s4s&s5s&s6s&s7s&s8s&s
E - E - EGGGG - GDDDD - D???????

20110319:
Trying to sing the chorus while playing the chord progression is difficult when focusing too much on the screen/paper. What helped me was practicing the chord progression on its own. Then, since I know the lyrics, I would sing and play the chord progression to what I feel sounds right. This works for playing solo, since I can adjust the chords slightly to the rhythm of my singing.

I figured out another thing to help. So I strum twice on the C (almost like the first verse Em7), then do the multiple strumming on Em7 (almost like the first verse G). Then twice on the G and multiple strumming on Em7. This seems to facilitate the proper timing of the lyrics with the strumming.

Chords:
Em7 (022033)
G (320033)
Dsus4 (xx0233)
A7sus4 (x02033)
Cadd9 (x32033)

Legend:
I= Em7 G Dsus4 A7sus4
II= Cadd9 Dsus4 A7sus4
II'= Em7 G Dsus4 A7sus4
III= Cadd9 Dsus4 Em7
IV= Cadd9 Dsus4 [G Dsus4* Em7 G] A7sus4
V= Cadd9 Em7 G Em7
*The original tab said this was either Dsus4/F# (2x0233) or G/F# (200033), but for simplicity I play Dsus4.

Song Breakdown:
Intro: I I
Verse1: I I I II Today...
Verse2: I I I II' Backbeat...
PreChorus: III III IV
Chorus: V V V V
Transition: Silence; [A7sus4]
Verse3: I I I II Today... (Past tense)
PreChorus: III III IV (Past tense)
Chorus: V V V V
Chorus: V V V V
Outro: V V V V
Instrumental: V V

Combination of http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/oasis/wonderwall_ver4_tab.htm
and http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/oasis/wonderwall_ver2_crd.htm:

[Em7]Today is [G]gonna be the day that they're [Dsus4]gonna throw it back to [A7sus4]you
[Em7]By now you [G]should've somehow rea[Dsus4]lized what you gotta [A7sus4]do
[Em7]I don't believe that [G]anybody [Dsus4]feels the way I [A7sus4]do
About you [Cadd9]now [Dsus4][A7sus4]

[Em7]Backbeat, the [G]word is on the street that the [Dsus4]fire in your heart is [A7sus4]out
[Em7]I'm sure you've [G]heard it all before but you [Dsus4]never really had a [A7sus4]doubt
[Em7]I don't believe that [G]anybody [Dsus4]feels the way I [A7sus4]do
about you [Em7]now [G][Dsus4][A7sus4]

And [Cadd9]all the roads we [Dsus4]have to walk are [Em7]winding
And [Cadd9]all the lights that [Dsus4]lead us there are [Em7]blinding
[Cadd9]There are many [Dsus4]things that I
would [G]like to [Dsus4/F#]say to [Em7]you but I [G]don't know [A7sus4]how

Chorus:
Because [Cadd9]maybe [Em7][G]You're [Em7]gonna be the one that [Cadd9]saves me [Em7][G]
And [Em7]after [Cadd9]all [Em7][G] You're my [Em7]wonder[Cadd9]wall [Em7][G][Em7]

(hold Em7, then silence)

drums come in, then:

e--3-3-3-3-3-3-3---|
B--3-3-3-3-3-3-3---|
G--0-0-0-0-0-0-0---| (and then right back into chord
D--0-2-2-0-2-2-0---| progression for the verses)
A--0-0-0-0-0-0-0---|
E------------------|

Today was gonna be the day but they'll never throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you're not to do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you,
but I don't know how

Chorus:
I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

Outro:
I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me

Instrumental

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

Nolwenn Leroy - Song of the Sea (Lullaby)

Everclear - Wonderful