Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

20101011:
This song will get the simplification treatment. And the simplification is very simple. One tab has the same four chords repeating throughout the whole song.

F# C# D#m B (F# major) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jason_mraz/im_yours_ver4_crd.htm)(The tab labels D#m as Ebm, which is the same chord, but technically speaking, F# major has D#, not Eb).

B F# G#m E (B major). (Original Key)(http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jason_mraz/im_yours_ver3_crd.htm)

In either case, the progression is I V vi IV. (Thus in C major one would have C G Am F)
I guess you could play open chords with a capo on the 6th fret.

Lyrics Breakdown:
Verse (Well you done done...)
Chorus 1 (I won't hesitate...)
Verse 2 (Open up your mind...)
Chorus 2 (I won't hesitate... + There's no need to complicate...)
Verse 3 (I've been spending way too long...)
Chorus 1
First 1/2 Verse 2' (... the sky is yours) [Background First 1/2 Chorus 2]
Leads over Second 1/2 Chorus 2 [Background Second 1/2 Chorus 2]

Lyrics Memorization:
Verse: Well you done done me... (and you bet I felt it I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted, I fell right through the cracks (of the ice that's melting) now I'm trying to get back.
Before the cool done run out (recall I'm melting, but there's some cool left) I'll be giving it my bestest, and nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention. I reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some.

Chorus 1: But I won't hesitate no more, no more, it can not wait, I'm yours. Hmmmmmm.... hmmm (Background "hey hey")

Verse 2: So open up your mind and see like me, (open open) open up your plans and damn your free, (now that you're opened up, you can) look into your heart and you'll find love love love.
Listen to the music people dance and sing
We're just one big family
It's our god forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved. loved.

Chorus 2: So I won't hesitate no more, no more, it can not wait, I'm sure. There's no need to complicate, our time is short, this is our fate, I'm yours.
Do you want to come on, scooch on over closer dear. And I will nibble your ear.

Verse 3: I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror and i've been bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer, but my breath fogged up the glass, so I drew a new face and I laughed. I guess what I'll be saying is there ain't no better reason to rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons, it's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

Chorus 1: But I won't hesitate no more no more it can not wait, I'm yours.

(Background sings chorus 2)
Lead sings First half of Verse 2 with small change and solos over second half of chorus 2:
So open up your mind and see like me, open up your plans and damn your free, look into your heart and you'll find the, they sky is yours...
So please don't please don't please don't, theres no need to complicate, cause our time is short, thisis this is our fate i'm yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

Nolwenn Leroy - Song of the Sea (Lullaby)

Everclear - Wonderful