The Beatles - All My Loving

[Chord@Fret]
Close your [F#m@2]eyes and I'll [B@2]kiss you,
To[E@7]morrow I'll [C#m@4]miss you;
Re[A@5]member I'll [F#m@2]always be [D@0]true. [B7@0]
And [F#m]then while I'm a[B]way,
I'll [E]write home ev'ry [C#m]day,
And I'll [A]send all my [B@7]loving to you.[E@7][E@7]

I'll pretend That I'm kissing
the lips I am missing
And hope that my dreams will come true.
And then while I'm away,
I'll write home ev'ry day,
And I'll send all my loving to you.

Bridge:
All my [C#m]loving [C#m]I will send to [E]you. [E]
All my [C#m]loving, [C#m]darling I'll be [E]true. [E]

Instrumental+Solo:
[A7][A7][E][E][F#m][F#m][E][E]

Repeat 1st Verse

Repeat Bridge

Outro:
[C#m][C#m][E][StrumEandMute]

Key:
E Major
E f#m g#m A B c#m d#dim

Breakdown:
prog1 = ii V I vi
prog2a = IV ii flat-VII V7
prog2b = IV V I -
bridge = vi . I .
instrum = IV7 . I . ii . I .

prog2a is interesting because it uses a non-diatonic chord and while the chord itself can serve as a IV-of-IV, is not used for that purpose here. Analyzing the notes, we have ii=(ii IV vi) flat-VII=(flat-vii ii IV) V7=(V vii ii IV). Holding ii and IV as common notes, one obtains a movement of vi->flat-vii->vii.
prog2b is an authentic cadence

Verse = prog1 prog2a prog1 prog2b
Bridge = bridge bridge
Instrumental = instrum
Outro = bridge'

Song = Verse Verse Bridge Instrumental Verse Bridge Outro

Remark:
The following link is more comprehensive than my analysis. Furthermore, it details a chord progression slightly different from the tab I used in certain sections. I'll have to make the appropriate corrections when I am able.
http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/aml.shtml

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song

Nolwenn Leroy - Song of the Sea (Lullaby)

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go [C2]